By June 1918 the German Spring Offensive had been halted and the Allied forces, bolstered with the arrival of the army of the United States of America had began to fight back. The latest in our ‘specials’ series focusses on the ensuing battles between the German Army and the US Marine Corps in Belleau Wood which took place through in Belleau Wood .
The eight figures when combined are designed to show a pitched battle between the US and German forces and is inspired by the wonderful Peter Dennis illustration in the Osprey Campaign Series book Chateau Thierry and Belleau Wood by David Bonk.
This set of eight figures is the full series brought to you individually containing the following
United States Marine Corps
- TW32AL02 – Lieutenant, US Marine Corps, Belleau Wood 1918
- TW32AL03 – Private (1), US Marine Corps, Belleau Wood 1918
- TW32AL04 – Private (2), US Marine Corps, Belleau Wood 1918 (chauchat machine gunner)
- TW32AL05 – Private (3), US Marine Corps, Belleau Wood 1918
- TW32CP14 – Private (1) 461st Infanterie Regiment, Belleau Wood 1918
- TW32CP15 – Private (2) 461st Infanterie Regiment, Belleau Wood 1918
- TW32CP16 – Private (3) 461st Infanterie Regiment, Belleau Wood 1918
- TW32CP17 – Private (4) 461st Infanterie Regiment, Belleau Wood 1918
Please note; the figures included in this set are exactly the same as those offered individually, this is just the opportunity for the modeller to buy all the figures in one set.
Only the model figures shown in this scene are included in the box, no groundwork, scenery or tree trunks are included.
Figures can be painted and displayed individually or in sets, the figures are sculpted in pairs (US v German) and many combinations are possible to the modeller.
The figures are 1/32 scale and cast in light grey resin. All figures are sculpted by Nino Pizzichemi and box art is by Alex Long.
Have you considered joining the Tommy’s War Collectors Club? Members get a 20% discount, which is £3.20 off this figure alone. To qualify, purchase a collectors club membership here. The next time you log in you’ll see your discount is automatically applied. You can find more details <here>
Please note the following:
- The figures in the Tommy’s War range are1/32 scale and sometimes described as 54mm in height. However, the figures measure approximately 56-58mm foot to eye, so they may not be compatible with other figure or vehicle ranges. If you have any questions regarding scale then please don’t hesitate to email; firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Figures from the AL and CP ranges do not come with a rifle sling.
- The figures are cast in polyurethane resin and is supplied unpainted and unassembled. The figures require cleaning and assembly and is not suitable for children under the age of 12. Please always take care when working with resin. Work in a well ventilated room or wear a face mask as protection from resin dust.
- Any scenic base shown on the box art is NOT included with the figure.