By June 1918 the German Spring Offensive had been halted and the Allied forces, bolstered with the arrival of the army of the United States of America had began to fight back. This figure forms part of a group of figures depicting US Marines and German infantry in their battle through the month of June 1918 in Belleau Wood.
This figure of a Private Soldier of the German 461st Infantry Regiment which took part in the fighting in Belleau Wood. Equipped for trench warfare the 461st wore the usual German uniform and were equipped with Mauser rifle.
This figure forms part of a set of eight figures in total, four released in April 2019 and the rest of the set in late-summer/autumn 2019;
- TW32AL02 – Lieutenant, US Marine Corps, Belleau Wood 1918 view <here>
- TW32AL03 – Private (1), US Marine Corps, Belleau Wood 1918 view <here>
- TW32CP14 – Private (1) 461st Infanterie Regiment, Belleau Wood 1918
- TW32CP15 – Private (2) 461st Infanterie Regiment, Belleau Wood 1918 view <here>
- TW32AL04 – Private (2), US Marine Corps, Belleau Wood 1918 (chauchat machine gunner)
- TW32AL05 – Private (3), US Marine Corps, Belleau Wood 1918
- TW32CP16 – Private (3) 461st Infanterie Regiment, Belleau Wood 1918
- TW32CP17 – Private (4) 461st Infanterie Regiment, Belleau Wood 1918
Figures can be painted and displayed individually or in sets, the figures are sculpted in pairs (US v German) and many combinations are possible to the modeller.
The eight figures when combined are designed to show a pitched battle between the US and German forces and is inspired by the wonderful Peter Dennis illustration in the Osprey Campaign Series book Chateau Thierry and Belleau Wood by David Bonk.
The figures are 1/32 scale and cast in light grey resin. All figures are sculpted by Nino Pizzichemi and box art is by Alex Long.
Have you considered joining the Tommy’s War Collectors Club? Members get a 20% discount, which is £3.20 off this figure alone. To qualify, purchase a collectors club membership here. The next time you log in you’ll see your discount is automatically applied. You can find more details <here>
Please note the following:
- The figures in the Tommy’s War range are1/32 scale and sometimes described as 54mm in height. However, the figures measure approximately 56-58mm foot to eye, so they may not be compatible with other figure or vehicle ranges. If you have any questions regarding scale then please don’t hesitate to email email@example.com.
- Figures from the AL and CP ranges do not come with a rifle sling.
- The figure is cast in polyurethane resin and is supplied unpainted and unassembled. The kit requires cleaning and assembly and is not suitable for children under the age of 12. Please always take care when working with resin. Work in a well ventilated room or wear a face mask as protection from resin dust.
- Any scenic base shown on the box art is NOT included with the figure.