After an extremely busy 2020 I’ve been planning various releases for Tommy’s War which can be seen below.
The first figures to be released will be two in the general figure section (now prefixed BE, British Empire – all figures in that section will be updated to reflect that alongside Central Powers and Allies). These two figures are a Lewis Gunner No. 1 and No.2 marching and are labelled as belonging to the 28th Canadian Regiment – although they are exactly the same kit for any British, Irish, Australian, New Zealand and South African forces of 1917-18 (with the exception of Highland Scots).
The second release is the Tommy’s War 10 Year Anniversary special which depicts King George V and a Field Marshall walking alongside each other.
Both releases are currently in casting and I hope to release them in March 2021.
|TW32BE55||Private (1), 28th Bn Canadian EF, Mons 1918|
|TW32BE56||Private (2), 28th Bn Canadian EF, Mons 1918|
|TW32S06||The visit of King George V, France 1918|
In addition to the new releases for March, I am aiming to have a number of products from the existing ranges back in stock;
|TW32S01||The Affair at Nery|
|TW32ART1||Ordnance QF 13 pounder|
|TW32ART2||Ordnance QF 18 pounder|
|TW32MOT1||Clyno Vickers motorcycle|
|TW32C02||Trooper, Warwickshire Yeomanry|
|TW32SC01||German base section|
|TW32SC02||British base section|
|TW32SC03||Base sections; 5 bases/5 sides|
There are also a number of figures coming back into stock in March 2021;
|TW32002||Private, 1st Bn Lincolnshire Regiment|
|TW32003||Bombardier, Royal Horse Artillery|
|TW32006||Sergeant, 2nd Bn Suffolk Regiment|
|TW32014||Sergeant, 2nd Bn Welsh Regiment|
|TW32016||Sergeant, Princess Patricia’s Canadian LI|
|TW32028||Major, Royal Field Artillery|
|TW32029||Private, Machine Gun Corps|
|TW32031||Rifleman, 10th Gurkha’s|
|TW32032||Private, 1st Bn NZEF|
|TW32038||Balloon Observation Officer|
|TW32039||Private, 1/4 Seaforth Highlanders|
|TW32040||Major, 8th Bn London Regiment|
|TW32041||Sergeant, 8th Bn London Regiment|
|TW32051||Sergeant, 4th Bn KOYLI|
|TW32CP01||Private, Turkish Infantry|
|TW32CP03||Private 133 Infantry Regiment|
|TW32CP04||Private 208 Infantry Regiment|
|TW32CP05||Leutnant, Prussian Infantry|
|TW32CP10||Hussar, Brunswick Hussar Regiment|
|TW32CP13||Musketier, 1st Landsturm Bn|
|TW32AL01||Marine, San Marco Regiment|
In April I plan to release six more figures in the Central Powers range. These are all part of a collection of masters purchased earlier this year, and are all once again sculpted by Nino Pizzichemi.
|TW32CP18||Oberleutnant, 3rd Light Infantry Reg, Udine October 1917|
|TW32CP19||Musketier 48 Infantry Regiment, Mons 1914|
|TW32CP20||Unteroffizier, Motor Transport Column, Macedonia 1916|
|TW32CP21||Shutze, 27 Light Infantry, Battle of Helsinki, April 1918|
|TW32CP22||Private (1), 15 Infanterie Regiment, Amiens 1918|
|TW32CP23||Private (2), 15 Infanterie Regiment, Amiens 1918|
At some point I hope to release the US infantry figure with Remington shotgun – this is back with Nino to move the hand position.
I’ll also look to have Gassed cast again (currently out of stock) alongside some more cavalry figures to ensure that I keep as much of the current listings in stock as possible.
The second half of 2021
Next on Nino’s workbench is the Vickers Machine Gun crew for the base previewed here. I don’t have a release date for that yet, but anticipate that being available in the second half of the year.
And that’s not all, I’m always researching new releases and my aim is to bring to you the finest range of World War One figures – that ambition hasn’t changed and I’ll be working hard through 2021 and into 2022.
Other activities 2021
As well as making sure new stock is in-place and working on new releases I’ll also be making a few more changes, which I hope you find positive;
- Newsletters will now be available for all customers and will follow new releases. The first will be in March and will have images of the new releases plus the history behind the figures and more painting and modelling detail. All customers will be sent this newsletter when they place an order. If you order later in the year you’ll receive March’s newsletter and one for releases in April.
- A new catalogue will be available around September/October 2021. For the 10 year anniversary this will be larger than usual (A4) and feature new photography – making it easier to spot and reference all the figures in the range!
- Depending on the situation with Covid I’ll be at SMC 2021 and Euro (Folkestone) and Telford. Of course, at this point, I don’t know if they will go-ahead, but fingers crossed!
- Loyalty points (shillings) will continue, this has been a really popular scheme so far and lots of customers have already converted their shillings into discounts!
- Between September and December 2021 I’ll be releasing the four Collectors Club figures from 2016-2019 in limited numbers for everyone to purchase.
As you can see, I’m working hard to not only bring you new releases, but to get all the products into stock. It’s my aim to have everything available and in-stock by September 2021 and let’s hope we’ll be meeting-up at a show in the Autumn.
In the meantime, please take care and stay safe!