Regular visitors to the blog will be aware that there are four new releases in progress at the moment, so I wanted to give you an update as to where we are and a quick look behind the scenes in terms of the work that has to be completed to get those figures ready.
First, lets look at the four figures;
- TW32047 – Private, 8th Bn Lincolnshire Regiment 1918 Rouen 1918
- TW32048 – Chaplain, attached 8th Bn Lincolnshire Reg Rouen 1918
- TW32049 – Private, 8th Bn Tank Corps, Amiens 1918
- TW32050 – Corporal, 8th Bn Tank Corps, Amiens 1918
While the figures were sculpted at different times (Nino tends to sculpt in pairs) they were completed within a few weeks of each other. The first two figures (TW32037 and TW32038) have been painted and are complete;
However, I’ve only recently casts of TW32049 and TW32050, so they are with Alex Long who is painting the box art.
Therefore, release for all four figures will be early to mid-February.
The reason for waiting for all four? Well, it’s simply because it’s better for customers. I strongly suspect that customers will want all or a mix of figures which means that by releasing at the same time it saves customers postal costs. The last thing I want is customers buying the first two figures and paying postage and then two weeks later having to pay postage again.
The good news is that the figures are all packed and in-stock.
Tommy’s War throughout 2020
The first thing I’ll be doing is releasing those four figures, then I’ll be focusing on World Model Expo.
Now, you’ll probably be wondering why I’m preparing for World Model Expo six months in advance, well….
- I want to bring out a really strong release for WME, and I think I’ve got that. I’m currently working with Nino on a mounted figure and I think it will be another popular release
- My caster and I are working through the bases. To cut a long story short I’ve had to bring the masters for the bases back from one caster and place them with the one who does all my figure releases. This takes time and some coordination, but our aim is to have the German three-piece base and the 5 x 5 bases back for WME
- For the same reason TW32S04 (Walking Wounded) has been out of stock for some time. We’re working on new moulds and will be casting and have that available once again
- We’ll also have a bit of work to ensure I’ve got sufficient stock levels for the show. Currently I know TW32023 and TW32037 are low and we’re recasting, I’m checking on the German releases at the moment as well. I’ve got the Clyno Vickers motorcycle to come back into stock shortly, but I want to ensure all the artillery, specials etc are available in July
I know from emails and messages received via Facebook that customers get frustrated with out of stock products (particularly bases), but I am working to get those issues resolved.
There isn’t a Collectors Club for 2020 as I’m pausing that in preparation for 2021 (10 years of Tommy’s War).
However, if you’ve been a member of the club previously, I’m going through memberships and making them ‘live’ for the period of 1st January 2020 to 31st December 2020. This will mean that you will be able to access your 20% discount for the year.
This is a manual process and I’m part way through. If your account doesn’t show the discount then don’t order, contact me at email@example.com and I’ll set it ‘live’.
Through the year there will be Collectors Club newsletters and the next one will be released to coincide with the new figure releases with the next around World Expo. There will also be a new catalogue in July which will be available to all members.
Later in 2020 I’ll be announcing the Collectors Club Special for 2021. I’m aiming for something special, so watch this space.
There is a lot in progress for Tommy’s War and I hope you all enjoy the releases for 2020. I’m looking forward to seeing many of you in Veldhoven in July, Folkestone in September and Telford in November.