I’m pleased to announce that for the third year running I’ll be offering a £100 prize for the Tommy’s War figure at Euro Miniature Expo.
With a new date of May in 2019, Euro Miniature Expo remains the UK’s premier figure modelling show. Held at Leas Hall in Folkestone this years show is 11th and 12th May and attracts some of the world best painters and top companies from the world of modelling. You can check out the Euro Miniature Expo website for more details here
Over the weekend modellers are able to enter the competition and pit their figures against some of the best in the business. Entering model shows can always be a bit daunting (and I say that as someone who has never entered a competition) but with a friendly and helpful atmosphere Euro really is a great place to show your work.
How to enter
If you’ve got a piece that includes any Tommy’s War figure or piece of equipment then enter it into the main competition on Saturday 11th May as directed on the Euro Miniature Expo website. On Saturday evening I’ll browse the displays and look for any qualifying entries which will then automatically be considered for this competition (you need do no more).
I’ll appraise the entries and choose a winner. That winner will win a £100 store credit for Tommy’s War plus a very nice trophy to impress your friends and family.
The winner will be notified with an envelope containing details of the prize (plus the trophy) next to the winning piece, so when you enter the hall Sunday morning you’ll spot if you’ve won.
I’ll consider any entry that contains a Tommy’s War figure or piece of equipment, it doesn’t matter which category of the competition you enter.
Terms and conditions do apply, so please read below.
With 10 weeks to go until Euro Miniature Expo as I write this, you’ve got plenty of time to get your entries ready. There’s no excuses, get the brushes out and dig into that grey army today!
Terms and conditions
1. The Promoter: Tommy’s War Limited, 5 Athens Close, Hinckley, Leicestershire LE10 1FJ. Registered in England number
2. Eligibility: This prize promotion is open to anyone who enters the competition at Euro Miniature Expo on Saturday 11th May and Sunday 12th May 2019
3. Promotional Period: May 11 to May 12 2019
4. Entry Instructions: Please see above for details on how to enter the competition
5. Only entries into the main Euro Miniature Expo that contain either a) a complete or converted figure from the Tommy’s War figure range or b) a complete or converted vehicle kit or accessory will be considered for the competition. Entries must be within the main competition section and can be from any of those categories. Click here for details of the main Euro Miniature Expo competition and how to enter.
6. Prize; The winner will receive a £100 store credit for Tommy’s War products.
7. Winner Selection: Prize draw winner will be selected by the Director of Tommy’s War Limited based on my own judgement as to what is the best figure.
8. Winner Notification: The winners will be notified with an envelope containing a voucher for the prize when the competition hall opens on the morning of Sunday 12th May.
9. General: Promoter’s decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into. Entry implies acceptance of these terms and conditions.
10. Prizes must be accepted as offered by the named winner. There is no cash or alternative prizes, in whole or part. The prizes are not transferable and cannot be resold.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should circumstances outside its control make this necessary.
12. You agree that if you are a winner, you will take part in and co-operate fully with reasonable publicity and to the use of your name, photograph and any comments in such publicity without any fee being payable.
13. By entering the Promotion, each entrant grants the Promoter a world-wide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty free and sub-licensable right and licence to use reproduce, modify, adapt, publish or display (in whole or in part) any intellectual property contained in the content of their entry, without royalty, payment or other compensation. Each Entrant agrees not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and warrants that they have full authority to grant such rights.
14. The name and county of the winner can be obtained by sending an email, 28 days after the prize promotion closing date, to firstname.lastname@example.org
15. The Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to eliminate or disqualify any entries or entrants that it regards as being in breach of these terms and conditions or the spirit of the Promotion.
16. Entry into the Promotion is at the entrant’s sole risk. To the extent permitted by law, neither the Promoter nor Supplier accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury, costs, expenses or claims (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) suffered by entrants or any third parties arising out of or in connection with the Promotion and/or accepting a prize.
17. If for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons (including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion), the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, amend, withdraw, terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside its reasonable control, with no liability to any entrants or third parties but will use all reasonable endeavours to avoid consumer disappointment.
19. The decisions of the Promoter are final and binding in all matters relating to the Promotion and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. The Promotion and these terms and conditions, and any disputes arising therefrom, shall be subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh Courts.
21. Data Protection: Any personal information that entrants share with the Promoter will be kept secure and only used in line with these terms and conditions unless the entrant has opted in to future marketing from the Promoter and/or the Supplier. By entering the promotion, entrants agree that their information may be used by the Promoter to administer the promotion and winners consent to give their name and county for the winners’ list.